The TPLF’s use of child soldiers and obstruction of humanitarian operations exposes the group’s constant brutality.

0
270

Ambassador Dina Mufti, a spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, stated that the TPLF’s continued involvement in recruiting and using child soldiers, as well as impeding humanitarian operations in the region and surrounding areas, clearly demonstrates the terrorist organization’s incessant brutality and violations of human rights.

Unfortunately, the Junta attempted to stifle the process by attacking Afar. In the last three days, the TPLF has carried out terrorist assaults on 189 trucks delivering food and non-food supplies to Tigray via Afar, forcing the vehicles to come to a halt, he added.

“The attacks occurred in Ferentisu Yalo Woreda, Afar Region zone four. We demand that the international community compel the terrorist organization to adhere to the ceasefire agreement.”

The Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Foreign Affaris has provided authorization for 10,359 quintals of seeds to be delivered to Tigray, in compliance with the Government’s unilateral humanitarian ceasefire decision and in order to speed agricultural activity.

Despite the fact that several foreign humanitarian groups advocated using airdrops to provide aid, they were advised that such a request was inappropriate. It should be remembered that up until now, 70% of humanitarian aid has been provided by the Government’s coffer while the remaining 30 per cent from donors.

Attacks on Eritrean refugees in the Tigray area have been reported from a variety of sources. To correct the record, the offensive began in November 2020, when the Tigray People Liberation Front (TPLF) soldiers attacked two refugee camps, Shimelba and Hitsats, severely disrupting the refugee operation. As a result, the two camps were shut down, and the evacuees were dispersed across the area.

In collaboration with UNHCR Ethiopia, a new camp is being established in the North Gondar Zone of Dabat Woreda to provide a long-term solution for the refugees who fled Shimelba and Hitsats.

Despite these hopeful efforts, Ambassador Dina stated that the TPLF has rejected the government’s humanitarian cease-fire and is launching new attacks, particularly in refugee-hosting regions.

As a result, Eritrean refugees in the Mai-aini and Adi-harush camps believe they are in imminent danger and want quick solutions like as transfer to safer areas, urban status, and third-country solutions, according to him.

The spokesman, on the other hand, stated that Ethiopia has repatriated over 41,000 countrymen from Saudi Arabia through over 130 charter aircraft as part of efforts to return all people held in the country’s detention institutions to their homeland.

No Ethiopians have been murdered in South Africa’s recent violence, according to the spokesman, but several have been hurt and are undergoing treatment in hospitals.
The fighting has also caused damage to the property of several Ethiopians, he noted.

The world community is taking notice of Ethiopia’s recent good accomplishments, he said, adding that the government is dedicated to continuing to facilitate economic and social integration in the Horn and the region as a whole.